返回列表 回复 发帖
I am glad to be back. I had some health problems and was sick last week. Gong, you are going great guns with English! You are so good you blow me away!

I notice you picked "Pretty Woman" as a song to use to learn English. That is one of my all time favorite songs. It was written and performed by Roy Orbison back in 1964. I love to listen to him sing. He reminds me very much of Chyi Chin. He has an ethereal
voice and sings with great emotion. He always has a feeling of melancholy in his songs. His voice plucks your heart strings and I actually get chills.

If this website works-play the video.
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2998

The video clip comes from a concert in 1988. A whole bunch of famous musicians got him out of retirement and they did a concert video called "A Black and White Night" singing Roy's songs.

This is what it looks like. Maybe you could rent it. It is some of the greatest playing and singing I have ever heard, with all the greatest guitar players of that era.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0500183/

I always thought if I had the opportunity to give Chyi Chin a gift, I would give him this DVD. I know he would love it if he has not seen it. I also think Chyi Chin could do justice to some of Roy's songs if he recorded covers of them. I know he could do "Pretty Woman"

This is a lot of English in one chunk. I do not know how to teach English, but I always make sure every post is in proper form with the best spelling and punctuation I am able to give it. That is my contribution to anyone reading English.

I am ecstatic to read that Chyi Chin will be released from the hospital soon and is recovering well. Thank God.

Best wishes,
KK

P:S: Here is a comment I found from a buyer of the DVD. Something else he and Chyi Chin had in common!!!!!!

User Reviews
Really wonderful music...
4 January 2000 | by David E. Crutcher (heydave@uab.edu) (Birmingham, Alabama)

I had the honor of touring with Roy Orbison as a roadie way back in 1980. He had just won a Grammy for "That Loving You Feeling Again" and was touring to promote it. After being on the road for 6 weeks with him, I developed a true love of his music. His vocal range was amazing. He would drink iced Grand Marnier out of a silver goblet onstage. He said it helped his voice.
         Chyi Chin's biggest fan in                  
               Minnesota, USA.
Make sure and choose to listen to other Roy Orbison songs on that songfacts web site. This song, "Wild Hearts Run Out Of Time", sounds like it was written for Chyi Chin (whose heart is wild).

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=6386e
               Minnesota, USA.
Oh. Oh.
I have become obsessed with Roy Orbison. Study the lyrics in this song. Beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rntEE0Srhes&feature=related

I have a silly question. Could a song like this be translated into Chinese, or would the entire form and impact of the words be lost? Would the language match the melody?Would it be a different song?

I would love to hear Chyi Chin sing one Roy Orbison song. I know he understands English well enough to recreate the emotion in any of these songs. I really don't know if he has the vocal range, but a good arrangement could take care of that. Do Chinese fans understand English well enough for him to record in English? Was his one English album well received? I loved the video clip of his opening a recent concert with "Hotel California". That was awesome.

I am convinced he should record "Wild Hearts Run Out Of Time" or "She". There is another song called "Leah" ( Sun Li Ya!) The man in the song is seeking pearls for Leah. (Was not the first gift he gave to YaYa pearls?) I have to find a version and I will post it.

OK. Does Chyi Chin ever read the board or how would one make this suggestion to him? Hmmmm. If any of you get the chance-mention Roy Orbison to him!!

When I get obsessed with an idea like this, you could say I "have a bee in my bonnet". It is an old saying to describe an idea bouncing around in someone's head!

KK
               Minnesota, USA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKyuI-r4Sc&feature=related

Here is a clip of Roy singing "Leah", but I could not find one with lyrics. Do any of you find that you like Roy Orbison?
               Minnesota, USA.
Those links are great. Is that the same song in English and Chinese? Do the words and the melody fit in both languages? They sound like they fit perfectly. Of course, Jacky could sing the telephone book and it would sound divine!

Is all this English I throw at you helpful, or is it just a big pain? At least you can use it for practice.
KK
               Minnesota, USA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-mNDIz8Cck&feature=related

I am still obsessed with the idea of Chyi Chin singing Some classic Roy Orbison song. Did anyone have an opinion on this song? I'd love to have your opinions.......

KK
               Minnesota, USA.
To tell you the truth, it is just this song, "Wild Hearts Run Out Of Time". I hope you can hear it. I would type the lyrics but it is better to hear it. Much as I like to ignore Joey and wish the press would just give it up-this song sounds like them. I also think of his book "My Heart Is Wild". It is a tragic kind of song about a love that just can't work. It is a heartbreaker.....
KK

PS: I do not know a thing about getting over the wall. Do you have a chance of it working or should I try another video?
               Minnesota, USA.
I also love YouTube for the old stuff. It is amazing what people have posted. Everybody has things they love. If anybody would know , it would be Gong. Ah, Catherine DeNeuve. The most classic French beauty.......

I was around in the 60's, and it may look better looking back!! I wore hip-hugger bell bottom jeans, tie dye shirts, platform sandals, and I had long hair which I ironed on the ironing board so it would be perfectly straight!!!!  Oh my Lord.
               Minnesota, USA.
返回列表