返回列表 回复 发帖
I do not fully understand your criticism but it makes me wonder who it is you want him to be.

What is charming about him is that he seems completely himself on stage. He shares who he is-good or bad. He reflects his life experiences and he has recently had huge changes in his life with marriage and a new baby. These kind of changes must change his perspective on a lot of things in the past. He certainly exudes happiness and a calm peacefulness. I think he can only be who he is. Think how awful if he pretended to be someone else-the man he was at 20 or 30 or 40. I'll take him just as he is.
梅荒野  I hope I didn't sound hostile to your post. I just related what I felt and I know you did too.
I was listening to "Silk Road" last night and it occurred to me what a timeless, beautiful recording it is. Chyi Chin was at a peak. Ten years of learning brought him to that musical peak. When you get there you can't just stay there tottering on the edge. You have to come down the other side. Some people don't find another peak to climb, but Chyi Chin seems to always be looking and climbing. He survived the destruction of the recording business by going to stage appearances and he's still here. I have a feeling he is climbing new peaks behind the scenes in the music business-or maybe he's climbing whole new mountains!

So wonderful to read Claire's comments again. You must know I only understand a fraction of what I read using a translator, but somehow I seem to understand. I think I am a Chyi Chin fan just because he is such an interesting person. I am always waiting for his next incarnation! He's never dull.
梅荒野  #71  You just described exactly what I think he could do! Maybe not quite a Robinson Crusoe-but get away from the rat race for awhile.

I think this last tour he is just finishing, something like 22 concerts in 36 days is something he will never do again. I would bet he did it just to see if he could. He just seems so vital I know he has another peak in him!!!!
I honestly do not know what the attraction is. I think it is because he is so darn human. Through good times and bad times, triumphs and mistakes, he is very honest about who he is. He is just so likable!! You want the best for him.
In regards to the incidents of his being drunk in public: Didn't the same thing happen at the time of Huang JianFu's (sp?) death? Could this be his way of mourning Tan **?
I hate to see these pictures because he seems so naked and vulnerable. He doesn't have on his armour to meet the world that watches every move he makes.
返回列表