返回列表 回复 发帖
I am going to ask a more serious question because I really don't know the answer. How good a guitarist is Xiaoge? I have not seen enough to judge. I do remember reading an interview where Wang ZuXian was asked what she liked best about his talent. Her answer surprised me. She said she liked his music best when he played guitar, because he played like no one else. Can you tell me a little bit more?

Thanks
Karen in Minnesota
如果任何人想要张贴用中文,请,请如此。 我将使用译者翻译它成英语。
This was done by Babelfish. Can you read it?  I would love to hear from you if you don't speak or read English.

I wanted to share this website because I think it is awesome. I don't know if it will work. Some of the photos are a few years old-but it gives such an idea of the mixture of the very old and the very new.  Chyi Chin gets to go to so many fabulous cities. I always wonder if he takes the time to see these cities or spend any time there. Can he go out and be a tourist, or is he too famous? I have learned about the cities in China by following his concert schedule.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=555956

Thanks
KK
That's what I wondered. He was younger than I thought when he knew what he wanted to do. I didn't know he was only 16. If he practiced 10 hours a day he was serious. Wasn't he 26 years old when he had such a huge hit with "Wolf"?  I also always wondered how he seemed to have his own voice and individual style so strongly with that album. He had about 10 years to work up to it.

I always pictured that he had the same effect on young Chinese fans as Elvis had back in the fifties on young Americans. Something so new and completely different. That also helps explain why he worships his sister, Chyi Yu. I know he always says without Chyi Yu, there would be no Chyi Chin.

Thanks  
KK
When I play the music on this site-can anyone tell me what song #306 is and who he is singing with?  Is that possibly Julie Su/Su Ren? Great voice, whoever it is. He's got a great blues voice and they blend well! Great guitars on that one, too.

KK
I know of one early record that sounds like typical record company bubblegum music. I was thinking he got signed by some record company-and they can do awful things to young artists when they try to package them. He must have had some strong support, or he had to be very stubborn, to be able to sing his own songs in his own voice. Did he stand out as being very different at the time "Wolf" came out?
Good morning everyone. It's still Monday afternoon here! Do any of you live in Chongqing, or are you planning to travel to the concert? I would still love to know where everyone is from, if you wouldn't mind sharing. I've looked up Chongqing and even found the stadium. Another fascinating city.

KK
Jeez you guys. Now I did it! I tried to send a sound file of Chyi Chin and Power Station doing a duet on "Lang".

I don't have a clue where it went-so it could show up in a mighty funny place................................sorry.

KK
I must share this thought with you. I was listening to songs from "Beautiful Mind" this morning and I am blown away with how beautiful that album is. It has such an intimate sound that you can't imagine someone walking up to a microphone and sounding like that. It is more like he is in the room singing. I don't understand a word, but that voice is pure heart. I have never felt that way about any other singer, and it is just like fate that I was lucky enough to discover him. What are the odds of hearing a singer from half way around the world singing in a language I don't understand and finding a way to learn about him. I think all of you feel the same way-he has brought something special to our lives. That must be rewarding for him, too.

All the best,
KK
Joy,

I lost your post.      You can email me at Kbopper@aol.com

Please do, because I don't know how to get back to you.
Thanks
KK
I don't think it matters if he can't sing like before, he just sings differently than he used to. Two years from now he will probably sing even more differently. If you follow him closely, it is almost like waiting for a surprise. You must admit he has surprised us over the years!!

Thank you for Mid-autumn day greetings. Isn't the Mid Autumn Festival the best holiday of the year?  I have never had a mooncake, but as you might guess-that is not a common item in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

Best to all always,
KK
返回列表