返回列表 回复 发帖
Seems like this post has become a place where we chinese have fun and practice english

Sandy turns out to be SLK in baidu? That's great! But why LUO cried NO?

Xiao Ge has a song named 锣声若响? i've got no impression at all

BTW, Karen, have you noticed we usually call chyichin XIAOGE 小哥? XIAO means little, young, GE means elder brother, big brother.  i don't know when and where this nickname came from, but people around him all call him like this, so..... we'd like to fondly call him xiaoge.
i'm so embarassed that Karen is more farmiliar than me with his songs. But i think the official name of that album is DIM MOON?

For me, chyichin and xiaoge are the same guy. i just don't wanna karen to be confused when we mention 小哥

原帖由 Karen_Koerner 于 2010-8-12 17:41 发表
I tried to come up with a plan to go but simply couldn't afford it. That man must spend half of his life on airplanes.
I feel sorry for you but I suppose there's another opportunity in the near future, considering his crazy concert schedules. That's why we hope he could stop for a while and have a good rest, otherwise his voice ...... but obviously he won't listen to any of us

No, no, I love the two dialect albums! I'm not into those old songs but chyichin arranged them in a good way.  In a way, I like his dialect pieces even more than the mandarin ones. That's because he tried more styles on them and I like him singing rock and jazze. I always belive he could've done more if the listeners were more open. 天,我的英文,都说了些什么!
I can't agree with you more that he's a rocker at heart.

Haha, you didn't realize INNOCENT was in dialect? I think the Minnan ( South Fujian province) dialect sounds quite different from mandarin. I't s completely a foreign language  for people outside the Minnan-speaking area. Those songs were written around 1950, with heavy taste of traditional Japanese music, for Taiwan had been occupied by Japan for a long time before then.  Minnan songs are very popular in Taiwan until today but I dont like them at all. Chyichin actually gave the old and  rustic songs a fresh life. I also like INNOCENT better than DIM MOON.

I like A-mei very much and I went to her Shanghai concert in 2002, and that was fantastic. But I'm not familiar with her recent pieces.
萤火虫, The Scorpions is one of my favorite bands, too.
Dim Moon & Innocent were both in Minnan dialect and the orgiginal songs were from the same era.

You're so right that Chin's pronounciation of Mandarin is excellent., which have made his songs more beautiful and outstanding among many other singers.  We fans even enjoy his speaking because of both his voice and the good diction. Unfortunately, his diction has been not so clere after having false teeth. Cantonese as well as Minnanese does sound very harsh, and few native speakers of those dialects can pronouce Mandarin correctly, not to mention beautifully.

Sorry, I cant' be helpful about the chinese movies

It's thoughtful of you being careful of your english wringting

[ 本帖最后由 claire 于 2010-8-17 11:03 编辑 ]
Do you find his shape of mouth, even the whole face has changed a lot? All thanks to the false teeth. I'm not sure when he got them, should be 2008. Anyone knows it better?

The tatoo is a small dragon and it can be seen in a still photo shot for the album 2003. AFAIK, he got it in the reformatory and he didn't do it willingly - some bad boys  forced him - a sad story.

He got the gash on the nose from a bad accident. Just as you know, young chyichin was wild. His motorcycle crashed into a pillar at a high speed and his body bounced up. Half of his face scraped along the ground and he was almost disfiguired. He once said his right (or left?)  cheekbone is flat but I can barely tell it, can you?  I guess it happened between 1981 and 1985. As to the forehead scar, he had it after a minor car accident in Shanghai in 2002.

Yes, we call the bulge swimmers swing, and there's another term "beer belly", which suits him better 'cause he drinks too much. And I think it's hard for him to get rid of the fat in his belly

[ 本帖最后由 claire 于 2010-8-18 11:41 编辑 ]
Yes he went through a lot but the experiences also made him tough. In the reformatory, his basin for washing face was a container for pig s-h-i-t (used as fertilizer) at the same time. He had to carry burdens weighted 100 kilos – all heard from recent interviews. After that, his father confined him at home in case he would hang out with those he knew in the reformatory. He got up 5:30 every morning and began to practice calligraphy, listen to English over radio and recite Chinese masterpieces. Military service is mandatory for young men in Taiwan.

You were so right about his debut record. That was obviously not his style. But, still, he did a great job effortlessly, and the title song hit NO. 1 of single top. But he received the advice from the army only two months later. Actually, the idea of wolf was completely unacceptable to the head of the record company at first. But chyichin insisted at the cost of being frozen for a long time and signing a cheap contract of another 5 years with the company.

I think he’s a real genius. He said he did not know he could sing until 19. And as you say, he’s been improving himself all the time.

Forgot to tell you that Innocent was also nominated for Best male dialect artist that year, but finally only Silk Road won the honor of best male mandarin artist.

I don’t think his own teeth looked bad or he was ashamed to show his teeth as you can see in the following pictures. The false teeth make his mouth puckered or caved in (I don't know which word to pick). That's awful. I guess he laughs more becuase he gets used to the camera in these years.

[ 本帖最后由 claire 于 2010-8-20 15:01 编辑 ]
调整大小 01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
原帖由 Karen_Koerner 于 2010-9-17 22:12 发表
I must share this thought with you. I was listening to songs from "Beautiful Mind" this morning and I am blown away with how beautiful that album is. It has such an intimate sound that you can't imagi ...
I hope one day I would feel the same way as you about the new album. But, you're right, he's a gift for everyone here. And there's no reason to complain if he couldn't sing like before.
返回列表