返回列表 回复 发帖
hi karen,

it is amazing that you are able to work it out how to use this forum... i am sure everyone will be very delighted to see you around. maybe you are the oldest but truly one of the superloyal fan here...

this post is specially opened for you. thanks for the little young man on the fist floor, he called himself a Xiao Luo (a Gong...don't know why but sort of cute), I think he maybe use a translate program to send you a message :

"Welcome to our home, my friend. Although my English is not very good but my friends and I will be very happy to communicate with you via this post. Please don’t feel hesitates to talk to us. It would be our pleasure and honour to having you here."

just post some massage whenever you feel like, whatever you want to know,  things that you are interested in, or even upload some photos if you like to share some happy moments with everyone.  they can use translation website just like you.

the Yellow Cross button is for start a new post, and the Yellow Arrow  is for replying. click the funny faces on the right hand side to insert some funny faces...and last, hit the Red one  to post or reply your message, nothing tricky really...

回复 6# 的帖子

kind of,  but never listen to...

if you can link a video or a sound track, it would be very helpful...thanks a lot

by the way, your name really suits you..
talking about Love Handles, we also call it Muffin Top, not very pretty but tasty.....

i think i prefer the term of Love Handle better, you know, as you grow older, there are a lot of things to lose, teeth, hair, s**,  but only love you can hold on...

回复 67# 的帖子

RE: Before I forget-Hey, Hey SLK. I didn't sign up, several wonderful people did it for me because I could never figure out how.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think anyone could leave you behind... they did a wonderful job,
as for me, I didn't even know (or anyone else) I exist until you turned up...sad story...

maybe he was wild, maybe he has settled, or maybe he is just simply doing the things he like, regardless of what had happened and what is going on. He is still in the public eyes. It is a lovely thing for the fans and all the people rely on him

I am going to leave the stories to the experts, for I really don't know much about him for the last ten years, i still enjoy his music, wish him all the best
Hi Karen, how is everything going? Merry belate Xmas, have you got much snow? I heard it is pretty bad at the moment...
We were in west coast last 3 weeks, just got home yesterday from LA after a 12 hours delay, considering we were very fortunate compare to those poor guys who are stranded. We were in Sierra on 10th and 11th Dec, just missed the snow by one day, then we saw the news it had a record snow fall up to 15 feet in the region! we actually saw the System when we were driving through Kings Canyon. It was massive…
It is a beautiful country... We visited quite a few national parks, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia, Death valley and Grand Canyon West(skywalk), Zion and Bryce, Monument valley and Grand Canyon south rim (we couldn't see anything due to the fog), the scenery is just breath-taking,  This roads are fantasitic, The boys enjoyed as much as we did. We were so glad the weather had been very kind to us, We spend xmas eve in Disneyland, had a wonderful time,..but now, I am so happy to be at home,

[ 本帖最后由 sandyyhl 于 2010-12-29 12:06 编辑 ]
Skywalk is bit smaller than I expected, not sure about the money...
We arrived at the GC west airport late morning, the sky was very cloudy, by the time when we were actually walking on the glass, the reflection of the sky took away of the sharpness the depth, I wasn't that scary...but walking in the middle by looking straight down did give me motion sickness, after all it is 3000 feet above the ground...... there was a poor girl so afraid that her parent had to half dragged half carried her out of the platform and she was screaming most of the time, it seemed took her a lifelong to move one step...
Anyway, I did enjoy it, the canyon is magnificent, and standing at the edge just can't help to think how small we are…I wish I could see the south rim
Because Fans sound like Fen Si (粉丝) in Chinesea kind of Monk Bean Vermicelli, I guess it's from the collection of  Generation Y language. Bean and sweet potato starch noodles.... very funny...

Don't worry Karen, you are truly a die hard fan, definitely a real FenSi...

[ 本帖最后由 sandyyhl 于 2011-1-27 09:11 编辑 ]
Karen, just talk a bit more about Chinese New Year, it would be easier to post here, for those who don’t want to read too much English…

Travelling is a chaos during ChunYun (春运). Air travel might be quicker and easier but majority people are living in small towns where can only be reached by roads and railways. Imagine thousands and thousands people are packed in one railway station and bus terminal each day it certainly gives you not just a headache but a desperation. So it is called the great migration.

A lot of traditions and customs have return to China simply because the booming economy. People want to protect their fortune so they follow the traditions,
and praying is a way of getting a peace of mind. The more money you have, the more superstitious you are. Happiness, health and prosperity are always in the prayer…

I am not sure about the new generation, as long as the elders keep doing it every year, it certainly helps to keep the family together.

Most of the rich and middle class in China went through a difficult time during 60s and 70s, the sea change makes a lot of people realize the traditions and customs is their culture but not the evil thought. The freedom of believing and religion is their life and they enjoy being a part of it. When there is a good year, you appreciate it, when you have a hard time, you pray for a better outcome.

Talking about Zao Jun, I remember it is one of the most important parts of the praying procedure. It perfectly makes sense, a full stomach brings satisfaction. As far as I know, my parents are still practicing it. It was a fun thing to watch.

Lucky money is my favourite part of the traditions. When we were young, we used to earn the whole years pocket money during the New Year period.
But nowadays Red Envelops become a kind of established practice between businesses and officials, a source of corruption.

I love giving my kids some lucky money on New Year’s Day to remind them their Chinese blood. I don’t know whether it will work or not. Hopefully the fact they could get Christmas Present and Lucky Money would let them happy to be a Chinese.

You are such an old China hand. Sometimes it amazes me how much you know about this country...

[ 本帖最后由 sandyyhl 于 2011-2-1 12:24 编辑 ]
返回列表