返回列表 回复 发帖
I am so busy in those days. The post is so hot now.
What am I saying?
I have received the mail.Go tomorow morning
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
Have a wonderful trip. I know you will enjoy it immensely!
Travel safely and have a wonderful time.

KK
Thanks, There will be a lot of very wonderful time and time,One time by one time forever.
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
Skywalk is bit smaller than I expected, not sure about the money...
We arrived at the GC west airport late morning, the sky was very cloudy, by the time when we were actually walking on the glass, the reflection of the sky took away of the sharpness the depth, I wasn't that scary...but walking in the middle by looking straight down did give me motion sickness, after all it is 3000 feet above the ground...... there was a poor girl so afraid that her parent had to half dragged half carried her out of the platform and she was screaming most of the time, it seemed took her a lifelong to move one step...
Anyway, I did enjoy it, the canyon is magnificent, and standing at the edge just can't help to think how small we are…I wish I could see the south rim
It sounds like that little girl actually did what I would think about doing!!!
KK
I must say congratulations to Chyi Chin for winning "Greatest Achievement in Chinese-language Music of the Year" at the 2010 Chinese Pop Music Awards. He must be pleased and he has worked very hard to deserve it!  He is the best.

KK

I have a ridiculous question. I hope someone can explain this. Why do news articles refer to Chyi Chin's fans as "bean and sweet potato starch noodles"? Is that really what they are called or is it a strange translation? Would I be a bean or sweet potato starch noodle?

Karen in Minnesota

Please don't let the question above disappear.

This is a real mystery to me.

KK    

Because Fans sound like Fen Si (粉丝) in Chinesea kind of Monk Bean Vermicelli, I guess it's from the collection of  Generation Y language. Bean and sweet potato starch noodles.... very funny...

Don't worry Karen, you are truly a die hard fan, definitely a real FenSi...

[ 本帖最后由 sandyyhl 于 2011-1-27 09:11 编辑 ]

THANK YOU SANDY

That makes absolutely perfect sense.................now that you explained it to me!  

It also helps me pick out other examples.

I'm going to have to remember to consider that possibility when something doesn't make sense. Maybe the word being used just sounds like the word because there is no actual word!!.

I do one other thing to try and make my messages make sense or say what I want them to say.

I type the message in English. I then copy and paste the English into Chinese. Then I copy and paste the Chinese back to English to see if it says what I want to say.  Sometimes I have to change words and work on it to make it closer to what I'm trying to say.

Of course, the easiest thing to say is I love you all!!

[ 本帖最后由 Karen_Koerner 于 2011-1-28 22:35 编辑 ]
返回列表