返回列表 回复 发帖
Seems like this post has become a place where we chinese have fun and practice english

Sandy turns out to be SLK in baidu? That's great! But why LUO cried NO?

Xiao Ge has a song named 锣声若响? i've got no impression at all

BTW, Karen, have you noticed we usually call chyichin XIAOGE 小哥? XIAO means little, young, GE means elder brother, big brother.  i don't know when and where this nickname came from, but people around him all call him like this, so..... we'd like to fondly call him xiaoge.
原帖由 claire 于 2010-8-12 13:26 发表
Seems like this post has become a place where we chinese have fun and practice english

Sandy turns out to be SLK in baidu? That's great! But why LUO cried NO?

Xiao Ge has a song named 锣 ...

BTW, Karen, have you noticed we usually call chyichin XIAOGE 小哥? XIAO means little, young, GE means elder brother, big brother.  i don't know when and where this nickname came from, but people around him all call him like this, so..... we'd like to fondly call him xiaoge.
For me, Chyichin is the young guy whom I 'm crazy for when I'm a student, XIAOGE 小哥 is the mature gentleman  currently...
原帖由 claire 于 2010-8-12 13:26 发表
The most people's point of view should be that he is youngest in his family.We know,There are Yu Qi and Lu Qi,So called him 'XIAO',Of course,'GE',brother is respectfully. (To reference)
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
#6 Gong Sound If Sound is how it translates. It's from his "Gloomy Month"  album in 1994.
And yes I read you Midnight Lily.........  I use Babel Fish and sometimes things translate very oddly. You must forgive me if I come up with odd terms.

I found this wonderful topic and I thank you all for sharing. I hope you understand if I miss things because it's a bit laborious to translate every page to find things. I have wandered all over the site and looked at other topics.  I must say your members are incredibly expressive and very poetic in their comments on Chyi Chin's music. I am jealous . I can't express myself half as well. I am sure I will navigate better after I work at it awhile.

For now I will just say that you have made me a "Happy Camper".

Karen Koerner
Gong Sound If Sound.
The language of this album is not the official Chinese,It is a dialect of Chinese at Taiwan,So,can not be translate as usual.
I am also using translation software like you,But,I know A、B、C of English at least,It's very hard to translate all the word.
So,How odd terms you come up does not metter,
All is OK, can be understand.

Good luck,Best wishes,Happy,~~The all for you.
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
well~well~well~~~the mysterious man finally appeared...

let's clap our hands~~~and welcome to join us. it's our pleasure that a friend from ocean the other shore can be here!

All of us are so pleased, not only you have joined this team , more important that it's  be proved so many people around the world are moved by CHYICHIN'S songs .

how wonderful his songs are.,we are all fascinated by this...

[ 本帖最后由 青鸟 于 2010-8-12 16:15 编辑 ]
如果我还有悲伤,让风吹散它。。。
on one knows ,on one cares
i'm so embarassed that Karen is more farmiliar than me with his songs. But i think the official name of that album is DIM MOON?

For me, chyichin and xiaoge are the same guy. i just don't wanna karen to be confused when we mention 小哥

我只是一个过客~不属于任何地方
原帖由 claire 于 2010-8-12 16:24 发表
But i think the official name of that album is DIM MOON?
Yes,It is ringt~!!!
and many Chinese words will be disappear where in this posts
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
You are correct that the album is called Dim Moon. I knew it was in a dialect but didn't know which one. I think Chyi Chin loved it and no one else did. I stick with whatever the translater comes up with so I recognize it when I see it again. My fondest hope is that a better translater will come along, and I'm sure it will with all these young genius computer people working on it.  I have song titles that are hopelessly mangled, and sometimes an entire paragraph will come out that doesn't make a bit of sense.

I have a list of names of other artists in English and with their Chinese name so I can use the name in search engines, My current favorite is Wang Feng  汪峰. I just put the name in the search engine and bingo-I've got it.
I'm curious about Power Station -are they still around? I think they are very good.

I'm talking too much! Somebody stop me! I can't believe I can ask questions............

Karen Koerner
返回列表