我依旧在你身边看着你
就像水和岸一样
静静地看着你 感觉着你
水中依旧荡漾那抹涟漪
Welcome Karen_Koerner!
你勇敢,我宿命,你是一只可以四处栖息的鸟,我是一尾早已没了体温的鱼。春天的花如何得知秋天的果,今天的不堪如何原谅昨日的昏盲,飞鸟如何去爱,怎么会爱上水里的鱼。
她不来,我来发一些她08年在百度贴吧发过的帖子吧

个人简介:
I am an American who lives in Minnesota USA.I do not read or speak Chinese but I accidently discovered Chinese pop music and I love it-especially Chyi Chin. The language sounds so beautiful and his crystalline voice touches my heart.

帖子(中间夹杂放任和另一位海外人士的回帖就不发了):
I don't know if there is English language support or whether anyone can read this-but-I am a diehard Qi Qin fan. I love the man and his music. If anyone can understand this message, I'd love to be able to ask a few questions.  
Thanks

Hello I can't believe this worked. I do not speak or read Chinese. I use Google translator to follow the news on Qi Qin. You can imagine that some of the translations are less than helpful! I became a total fan by complete accident a couple years ago. I don't understand a word he is singing, but he is my favorite singer to listen to! I am just very, very happy to be able to communicate that to someone else who is a fan. Thank you for replying. I am thrilled!

Could I ask a few questions that I am curious about? Where does he live? I know he makes his home in the Mainland-but does he live in Beijing or Shanghai? I know he talked about a home in Chengdu at the time of his last concert. You'd probably be amused to know that I am learning the geography of China by looking up the places where he makes appearances, amd I'm getting pretty good at knowing where things are!  

I am a native English speaker. I was born and live in St. Cloud, Minnesota in the USA. My apartment is on the west bank of the Mississippi River in St.Cloud. My ancestors, mostly German, first came to Minnesota in 1856 when the territory was first opening to settlers. I know that's the blink of an eye compared to Chinese history!

It is a lot of work for me to be a fan! To register I go back and forth from the Chinese page to the English translated page and just keep filling in the blanks. Sometimes it takes many tries. I am totally surprised when it works!!

You are absolutely correct-music is universal. I have a few CD's and the DVD of his 2003 concert. It took me several years to collect and organize Qi Qin's music. I wanted to understand it chronologically and see how he had grown and changed. I am amazed at how he started out in a blaze and has always had his own voice. I can't decide if I prefer the sulky, **y, rebellious young man he was or the mature, elegant, self assured and very talented, interesting and complex man he is today.

I love reading these posts because I don't know if you realize it or not-but so many write in detail about the first time they heard Qi Qin. Some of the posts are very moving and more than one has made me cry.

My entire family and some friends know who he is and have heard his music whether they wanted to or not! Even my little nieces and nephews know Qi Qin. I have only made a few converts but each one counts. If by some chance he sings at the Olympics-a cheer will go up at many households in Minnesota!

You have no idea what a thrill it is to communicate with other fans, and I hope it is OK if I come back and express some of my thoughts or ask questions.

I discovered Qi Qin completely by accident.  

I had gotten interested in Asian movies-mostly Hong Kong movies. I graduated to Chinese movies and there was no looking back. I was hooked. (My favorite directors are Wong Kar Wai and Johnnie To, and Zhang Yimou is to die for.) Movies kind of naturally led to music.  

My first exposure to music was naturally to Hong Kong Cantopop because I was more familiar with Hong Kong. I listened to a lot of vintage Cantopop stars. I like Alan Tam very much and I also admire the band Beyond. And Leslie Cheung.I pictured him as the young Prince of Hong Kong. So special. I cried for two months every time I read his name after his death. So loved by so many and yet so alone. It still haunts me. And Danny Chan. And......the list goes on.  

I kept hearing this beautiful song in movies and discovered the title in one of the movies' credits. Surprise, it was "Moon Represents My Heart".  

I searched the title and came up with a page of students learning Mandarin Chinese. The page moderator had posted about 10 versions of the song by different singers and an English transalation and a pinyin version for them to study. I listened to them all and the last one was someone called "Chyi Chin". Oh boy. Who is this Chyi Chin? It was love at first hearing. (Incidently, I can actually sing "Moon". So if I ever get to China I can sing along with the audience!)  

I will never forget how crystalline his voice sounded and so much emotion. He also seemed to have such perfect diction which made the language sound so very beautiful. I still think that about 200 songs later.  

I started from scratch figuring out the difference in languages and that I should also be looking for "Qi Qin". It took me ages to figure out how to use translator pages so I could figure out what I was looking at. (Shhhh-I used Baidu.) I have crazy titles on some of the songs from Google Translator or Alta Vista Babelfish, but I use them so I recognize the title the next time I see it. As an example-George Lam always translates as Grove Auspicious-so to me he is Grove Auspicious!

I must also tell you that it was breathtaking to hear his songs for the first time-song after song after song and each more beautiful than the one before it.  

Chyi Chin led me to others. Chyi Yu of course. Teresa Teng. I have also listened to a wide variety of Chyi Chin's contemporaries-Wang Jie, Emil Chau, Angus Tung. Luo Da You with that rich, warm voice. I love Power Station and Wu Bai and China Blue.  

The Mainland artists are a little harder because there are less English references. But I love Sun Nan, Han Hong, and many others. I know the history of Cui Jian. My latest is Wang Feng.
I have gotten pretty darn good at finding what I want.

Best of all, this interest in music had led to an interest in Chinese history and I have learned a great deal. At first I didn't want to because it's just too big a subject.I take it in little steps. The 20th Century is the hardest. I believe the 21st Century will be the Chinese Century-it's time after the tragedy and hardship of the 20th Century.

Well, are you amazed? I must be the strangest fan you have ever communcated with. Just so you know, I am a 57 year old white female (although much younger at heart) in Minnesota USA. Oh Lord, I'm sure you're shocked at how OLD I am. I am so amused every time someone refers to Qi Qin as old. Are they crazy. He is at his peak of experience, talent, confidence. Always so relaxed and so open and giving to his fans.

As to adoring a Chinese singer, and that is the right word-I adore him. His singing touches my heart. I also love to listen to Pavarotti or Andrea Boccelli and I don't understand Italian!! It also doesn't hurt that he is incredibly attractive-big brown eyes to die for. I think the word is shuai..........(one of the few Chinese words I know.)
I can't decide if I prefer the sulky, **y, rebellious young man he was or the mature, elegant, self assured and very talented, interesting and complex man he is today.
这句话好好可爱哦,晕se~xy也不行
I am so amused every time someone refers to Qi Qin as old. Are they crazy. He is at his peak of experience, talent, confidence. Always so relaxed and so open and giving to his fans.
... he is incredibly attractive-big brown eyes to die for. I think the word is shuai.........

好可爱的老太太,希望我将来也会有这样的年轻的心
(有没人告诉她,我们现在夸人都用英语啦 ---COOL)

可我现在真觉得小哥的眼睛变小了,没有年轻时漂亮了,我还琢磨 是不是 有点儿老花眼了呢? 所以总爱眯着眼看人
原帖由 yangyan263 于 2010-8-11 13:25 发表
我还琢磨 是不是 有点儿老花眼了呢? ...
这个好像是真的
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
以后开个英文板块也可以啊
我依旧在你身边看着你
就像水和岸一样
静静地看着你 感觉着你
水中依旧荡漾那抹涟漪